The Village of Bosque Farms Planning and Zoning Commission was formed under the authority of the New Mexico Statute 3-21-1 for the purpose of promoting health, safety, morals or the general welfare of the Village and may regulate and restrict physical development within its jurisdiction.
The Planning and Zoning Commission is made up of five commissioners appointed by the Mayor to two year terms with approval by the Governing Body.
The current Commissioners are:
- Sharon Eastman, Chairperson
- Dan Garrison, Vice Chairperson
- Carl Hulsey
- Karen McAda
- Robert Morgan
The Commission is supported by a Planning and Zoning Administrator and Officer. Loretta Hatch is the current P&Z Officer. For information and questions on ordinances and procedures, she can be contacted at:
505-869-2358 • FAX 505-869-3342 • E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Planning and Zoning Commission is required by New Mexico Statute to meet at least once a month. The Commission currently meets the first Monday of each month in the Village Council Chambers in the Village Office Complex. See the Agenda for each meeting here.
The Key ordinances providing Planning and Zoning requirements are:
- The P&Z Officer is the starting point for building and development, property improvements, and business licenses/registration.
- Information on land ownership and assessment records are maintained by the Valencia County Clerk’s Office (866-2073) or the Valencia County Assessor’s Office (866-2065)
- All substantial improvements to a building, metal fences, and building development must start with a development review by the P&Z Officer. Click here for more details.
- The Village of Bosque Farms works with NM Construction Industries Division for issuing building permits and inspections.
- The Village does not enforce private covenants or restrictions. Disputes over private easements, private roads, water rights, covenants or other such agreements are private matters that must be resolved between the properties owners involved.
- Various Planning and Zoning Forms and Applications can be downloaded from the Forms Web page.